Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions about setting up my new home theater system..

So i am going with a projector screen for my man cave. I am set on purchasing the epson 2045 projector. It has 2 hdmi input/output and 1 usb. i am also purchasing a samsung blu ray home theater system. i also have my direct tv satellite box. The blu ray sound system/cable will be the only devices i am connecting to the system. Is my thought process right in that i can connect a separate HDMI chord to the back of the Blu Ray/cable and connect each to the the back of the projector to get both cable and surround sound working ? Or will i need to buy an A/V receiver and connect the cable/sound to the a/v which then connects to the projector? Because the projector has 2 HDMI input/outputs i feel as if i can do without the A/V receiver

Also, if i purchased a wireless transmitter, can i do all this without running 15ft hdmi cables to the back of the projector? essentially, i would connect the blu ray/cable to the transmitter and then just connect the wireless transmitter to the back of the projector?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

this is my first post so i wasnt able to include the links for the products

the sound sytem is on best buy Samsung - 5 Series 1000W 5.1-Ch. 3D / Smart Blu-ray Home Theater System - Black
projector is on best buy too - epson 2045
and wireless transmitter is the ios gear one

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looking at the Samsung av you should be able to plug blu ray into avs input and run 1 output from av to projector also you would be better off purchasing a projected that can do wireless if that's what your in to.. I personally like to hard run because if your into gaming later your lag time is going to go up really bad on wireless I don't know what lag time is for that Epson hard wired. Even not gaming you may have to adjust sync with av if it's a bad delay

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
If you don't intend to have an AVR, where will your sound come from?
Sounds like he is getting one of those Samsung HTIB systems. If thats not the case I agree he will need a receiver or he wont have any sound.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like he is getting one of those Samsung HTIB systems. If thats not the case I agree he will need a receiver or he wont have any sound.
Ah, I missed that. You're right.

My mom used to have one of those, and I believe it had a single input, which would allow the OP to connect his satellite receiver to the HTIB and use it like an AVR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts