Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Asus EeePC note book running XP..and was wondering if this is an acceptable platform to run the REW software. Do I need a exten al sound card to make this work properly.? Also..the only microphone I have is the small one that came with my Integra 9.8..to calibrate it with..do I need to purchase a better one to use..

Thanks

Mac

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi, You will need a soundcard that has a "Line in" not microphone in most laptops only have a mic in and will not work with REW You can use an external USB soundcard if you want.
The microphone that comes with your receiver will not work as you require a calibration file for each and every mic you use with REW and that involves a fair bit of work to make one. The only mics that we have calibration files for is the Radio Shack SPL meter, The Galaxy CM140 SPL Meter and the ECM8000 microphone located here
Do you have a SPL meter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, You will need a soundcard that has a "Line in" not microphone in most laptops only have a mic in and will not work with REW You can use an external USB soundcard if you want.
The microphone that comes with your receiver will not work as you require a calibration file for each and every mic you use with REW and that involves a fair bit of work to make one. The only mics that we have calibration files for is the Radio Shack SPL meter, The Galaxy CM140 SPL Meter and the ECM8000 microphone located here
Do you have a SPL meter?
Yes..I have the Radio Shack digital one..What usb sound card is the recommended one..and what is the cost of it.

Mac

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The SB Live! 24-bit external USB soundcard is the one most people use and can be found for around $50

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
No, I have a laptop with a proper Soundblaster Audigy card with a line in. But I also have a desktop PC that I have also used also with the same card.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts