Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

A few years ago I wanted a sound system in my car and I like to do a hefty amount of research before I do something. So I didnt run into Best Buy for a sub, instead my luck and research landed me a beautiful RL-p from Mike over at Soundsplinter.

Now I have some extra time and I want to sink my teeth into some DIY home theater projects, I have some electrical background and i'm looking forward to building the crossovers (thanks Dave Y. for this post :T). Unfortunatly im going to need some help when it comes to enclosure design and product selection. I will do my homework but im sure there will be a few noob questions.

Im looking forward to having some fun with this, I wanted to jump right in but I think I might start with some bookshelf speakers just to get the feel for it. Currently im using my TV speakers :rolleyesno:, anything is an upgrade. What do you guys think for a little starter/budget project to get my feet wet? I will keep roaming the forum for ideas.

-J.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome Jprime,
You came to the right place. Keep us updated with pics and stats, we love that kind of stuff here. Start a new posting outside of the welcome area under what you think is most appropriate for what you are looking for. That way more members will reply to your post. This might be a great place here:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-system-recommendations/

Good luck, have fun, and welcome.

matteo

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello J, Welcome aboard the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Jprime!