Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey new to the home theater stuff though somewhat of a tech minded person. just looking to fix and maintain my sets. my mother gave me a tosiba when she and her husband upgraded. i since figured out how to get the picture "right" in the adjustments and with a good cleaning. it's working great and is primarily the set we used here. i recently had a 53" panasonic given to me that has a questionable convergence board complete with a fried resistor and some sorta fresh looking compound. i'm fairly certain the convergence amps are bad. i'll look into that info later. this is just to get me out there. anyway i hauled it home and the wife wanted to keep it though the toshiba is working great. after finding big screens have common issues not limited to one model on another, i figured a forum might be the best bet. it's not like either are worth taking to a shop anymore but i like the oversized screen. i'm pretty good at pc repair and have repair a few boards in my time. i figure i'd give tv repair a try. wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Good luck and welcome to HTS.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good luck on your TV Repair project!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you to all of you. i appreciate the support and wishes of luck with my current and future issues. i'm about to order the parts in a day or two when i know what exactly would be the best bet for fixing the machine to last in terms of the best option for ic swaps. i'm thinking it would be wise to upgrade while i'm in there. i made a thread about that already because i didn't see anything pertaining to my panasonic. i won't get into that here though. again thank you. make me feel welcome here. that's gotta be a sign of a good forum, staff and members. makes me glad i signed up. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts