Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Always been interested in great quality pictures and hard-core sound, unfortunately that's never been in my budget.

I recently upgraded from a 46" Kogan Full HD TV, to a LG 55" Full HD OLED. I'm actually after some opinions on this. I went in to Harvey Norman with 3 models in mind, all 60" 4k TV's, then I saw the LG OLED. Cost more money than a 60" 4K, but that image!

I have to admit the colours on this are amazing, and I have no regrets not going 4K. OLED had something to show me in the store, 4K just emphasised the not so good looking cable TV.

I might have a regret in a few years, but at the moment I'm as happy as Larry.

Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-324. I know it's very entry level, but it was something this price, or the TV speakers.

I do plan to upgrade. 7.1 ATMOS is my goal, but with the speakers looking to cost more than double what the receiver costs, this might not happen for a while.

I'm currently using a PS3 to play blu-rays, and I have another question on bringing that up. What are your opinions on PS3 vs dedicated Blu-ray, do you think it makes a difference?

Thanks for letting me intro myself, and hope I see you guys around.

Kurt

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS. :wave:I love my PS3 for BR watching. If wanting to upgrade to a dedicated BR player than the Oppo 105 would be the next step for me. Other than that it is hard to beat the PS3.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, Kurt. We are happy you chose to join us! :clap:

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hello Kurt,
Welcome to HTS. I've been using my PS3 for Blu-rays and streaming services since I bought it. In fact it gets used for that stuff much more often than games. As long as you get a remote for it I think they are better than the majority of stand alone Blu-ray players.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Totally agree with Wayne and Mark. PS3 is a great machine. If mine died I'd go ps4, but if I didn't game periodically the oppo would probably get the nod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kurt... my son used he's PS3 to play Blu-rays for years. Worked just fine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts