Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave:

Hi all, My name is Bob I am native to Pittsburgh Pa and I am a good aquantence of Phil M. I have been into home audio and the technical end of it since I was 15, about 7 years now. In 8th grade I was in the HS Marching Band and was in Choir from 4th grade to 10th grade so natural music isn't alien to me nor is the reproduction of it. It is my goal to bring about a new perspective to this already great forum and make it a new home for me. I was Site Administrator for www.moddershq.net for 15 months and had a blast there learning and teaching people what I know.

I try not to just accept a good sound or a working piece of equipment but how its design and build process affect its performance.

Being that I am a college graduate for Specialized Computer Aided Design I am extremely familiar with multimedia tools such as Adobe and Macromedia. I am currently back in school for IT Networking and doing my MCSE. I have already completed my A+ Core Exams and passed.

Well thats all for now PM me if you have furthure questions.

~Bob

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey Bobby and welcome to the Shack!

Glad we finally got that account straightened out.

FEI: Bob will be helping us moderate here at the Shack... more particularly in Speakers and Computers. As he's stated above, he's been an admin at a computer related forum for some time now. He's been hangin' out over at AVS for a while too... but we won't hold that against him. :R

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sonnie,

Seeing that I am a veteran in this line of work I will tell you do not be embarassed to bring any issues to me. And I will not tolerate any bashing of other members based on Gender, Sexual Preference, Race, Income, so on and so forth. Any and all bashing based on these I will BAN you without question. Flaming/Roasting a member is walking the line so watch your step and have their permission before you publicly do so.

Follow my ground rules and we'll never have a problem. And never be to proud to come see me with a question HT or otherwise.

~Bob

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob.
By the way Sonnie I recommend him for the SVS sub giveaway - when he heard (sorry felt) my SVS he went home and blew his sub own up trying to emulate it. I've felt guilty ever since:blush:

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek:opssign: Yeah ya I know that was funny I figured my JBL PB12 duked it out in everything I had thrown at it before. Started watching WOTW in DTS at my reference level. About 20mins in I heard this rattle/buzzing from my sub so I turned it down and it was ok but still buzzed. Well after i finished watching WOTW I went to listen to some music and the bass was just rubbish...

Now I decided to replace it with a Definitive ProSub100tl and wasn't entirely happy the vent made alot of noise on loud pieces. So I decided to get trade it in for the SuperCube III. The SCIII was a floor model and worked..but got home pluged the thing in and nothing :huh: Tried a new fuse still nadda. Called up the dealer said hey, if I take this back today and trade in my Studio Monitor 450's what will I owe ya for a pair of BP7006 towers, he said the difference in the tax is all. So thats that debacle...

Since then I have built a DIY Sub witha the Dayton RSS315-4 High Fidelity Driver, a 2cu^ft Dayton/PE Encolure and a 500w RMS BASH amp from PE. After a nice 1h 45min date with the tools and garage I have a new sealed sub that only burned me $550 after shipping that hits 15hz with authority and 20Hz at close to 100dB.

~Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts