Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm Jon from Santa Monica,
I'm currently rebuilding my home studio and moving it to a different room and someone on a different forum referred me to the REW so . . . here I am.

And BTW, if anyone knows a reasonable consultant in the area, I just want help testing the room and setting up bass traps, early reflection, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Jon, welcome to PAS. I believe you will find some good advices here, about acoustics and room testing.

Look at the REW topics and you will learn how use it.

Since it is a Pro Audio Board, it won't be hard find a pro to help ya.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Jon, welcome aboard!

I'm sure you'll be able to find a lot of info here regarding home studio construction and acoustics.

Hope to have some DIY articles regarding traps/diffusers based on books by the late, great F. Alton Everest. Check out some of his books/articles if your a DIY'er.

Keep in touch.

Pep

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello, Jon. I think you could possibly do the testing yourself w/ a proper test mic and a decent studio monitor. For most home applications, you can actually get a decent reading if you calibrate the two.... and assuming your audio interface is pretty accurate. A consultant could probably get a more concise reading, but most home studios don't need excellent performance, which can come at a big price tag.

These guys can walk you through all that on the DIY forum, IF you have the patience and time. If not, well, that's cool, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts