Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Been reading these forums from time to time over the past few years, but with my reignited interest in home theater, and with the build of my home theater under way, I decided to sign up so I could interact, post questions and be part of it all.

I'm from Ulladulla, on the South Coast of NSW, Australia. I love great quality audio. I have built several subs in the past, and am looking to build some more soon.

Our new house is currently being built, and I have a dedicated home theater. It's all pre wired, painted and ready for carpet to be laid!

I run an Yamaha RXV-3800, Energy fronts, center and athena rears. I have 3 DIY Shiva (oldschool) Subs. Two of which i am about to rebuild in bigger boxes. Hence, I'm signing up to post questions on the build. Also going to build some bass traps for my home theater!

Anyways, that's enough from me!

Glad to be here :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Scott, Welcome to the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, many thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to be here :)

I have attached some images of my HT. One is a photoshop mockup of the front of the room. The other photos are pretty poor quality taken from my phone. I need a camera with a wide angle lens to fit more of the room into the shot.

Basically its a 4.4m x 5.4m room.

Rockwool insulation in all walls (except where the door cavities are, doh!).

Room has been painted with black roof, black architraves, brown side and rear walls and dark brown front wall.

Screen has been ordered, and is a 130" EVO 3D 16:9 screen from OZTS.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Scott. Looking good! Have fun. Dennis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts