Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I found this site from a link on AVS (been a long time lurker there) for the Room EQ Wizard. I very recently upgraded my AVR to an Onkyo 805 and have been playing around with the Audyssey setup and thought I would like to manually tweak my system to my room to see what happens. Like most of us involved in this hobby I like to tweak and experiment. I gradually became an HT hobbyist over the last twenty years. It started when I bought my first LaserDisc player in the eighties and found I had entered a fairly specialized hobby (at that time). I recieved a nice bonus at work in 1990 that turned into a 32 inch Sony XBR (considered a BIG SCREEN then). The rest is history and money spent---upgradeitis here and there. I think the most unusual thing about my particular set-up is the conversion I did to my Lazyboy twin-recliner couch. Three Clark transducers each with there own amp and controls. It was not a basic simple conversion since the couch was disassembled and much of the underside was rebuilt/braced with oak. It turned out to be the best HT addition I've ever done. If anyone has any questions about this mod I would be happy to help out if I can. Long first post. Bye for now.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi KB and welcome to the Shack!

Looking forward to having you around... :T

Upgradeitis is addicting. :sarcastic:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Shack, KB! Did you purchase the Clark transducers in Canada?
Hi Mike. Thanks for the welcome from everyone here. In answer to your question, no I couldnt find them for sale in Canada. I purchased them from Parts Express. No one at any of the Canadian stores even knew what I was talking about at the time (about 3 years ago). BTW those transducers have gone up a lot in price since my purchase.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hey, Welcome aboard.
Its nice to see so many Canadians joining recently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts