Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Sonnie for your warm welcome and g'day to all.

Although I'm French I have been living in Adelaide, South Australia for 12 years (despite I'm a Jimi Hendrix fan my house is not burning yet!)

I'm interested in 2 channel hifi and I'm currently making big changes to my stereo set-up (new speakers, new amps and new dac until now) and I'm thinking of a new preamp and cables in the near future.
This also means that part of my previous system is for sale (interested in an Icos system anyone?)

I'm particularly interested in diy DRC (digital room correction) although the maths/physics/computer knowledge that Denis Sbragion's DRC implementation requires flies well above my head. So if someone there could help me on this particular topic he/she/they will be very welcome.

Apart from listening to music I also record classical music concerts for a local radio station and for a friend who manages a mastering studio. Apart from the fun to record live events it gives me the opportunity to regularly attend live concerts, between 50 and 70 a year (and therefore to use it as a reference so as not to be mislead in the pursuit of a sterile 'hifi sound' per se), to manipulate pro gear, to make comparison (for instance between hi-rez PCM and DSD) and, last but not the least, to constantly evaluate my hifi system regarding the 'live' sound using my own master recordings.

Cheers,

Chaimovitch

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy chaimovitch and welcome to the Shack!

Looking forward to seeing you around often... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Good to see you here Jean,

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Jean. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts