Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Shackers
I have been an avid reader of your forums for some time and decided it was time to join in.
I've recently acquired REW V5.0 and all required testing gismos and about to begin playing with room acoustics.
Even without testing I have already made some DIY bass traps for the room front corners and am having trouble in that the wife appreciation levels have been measured quite low already.
I have a question, we have some canvas art work (paintings) which already hang in the room and was wondering if I insert 50mm thick insulation behind them would this assist in reducing reflections, reverb etc. I understand that the painted canvas might limit higher frequency absorption and because they are effectively laying hard against the wall not the optimum for low frequencies.. but before I go to the trouble of cutting insulation to size thought it was worth getting your opinions.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Welcome to HTS - enjoy your time in the forums! :wave:

If I may, I would suggestion posting your question in our Room Acoustics forum - it will more than likely get a quicker response there. Cheers!

Edit - My 1,111 post! Now if I could only remember how to convert hex....... :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums officially! ALMFamily is correct, you'd get better luck posting in the Room Acoustic's forum with your question. There are plenty of people over in that section that would be able to help you there!

Hope you get the answer you are looking for! Enjoy your time with us!

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and glad to have you with us.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.