Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks,

I've finally bitten the bullet and downloaded RoomEQ Wizzard. I must say I'm blown away by how well it performs and how well it's supported on these pages.

I currently have a DIY ported system (4 * 10 inch drivers / 350w) which performs impressively when it's running flat out. I'm hoping to move to an IB using local drivers which would let me have this performance with some headroom to spare.

REW has already let me see that my first choice of location for the IB would be adversely affected by room nodes - big hole 40 - 60 hz, 24db deep!

I've been posting for a couple of years at diyAudio and more recently at AVSForum and HTGuide with the same handle - "Collo"

My claim to fame is developing flared port software and a sonosub calculator which has been discussed on those forums and is available from my website.
Just google for "sonosub.exe" or "flared ports" and you'll find me.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming part of the IB community and sharing my experience here

regards
Bill "Collo" Collison
Newcastle, Australia

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have you here. I look forward to seeing your input and your results with REW.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Collo and welcome to the Shack!

Glad you found us and glad you like REW... a fabulous program indeed... :T

Make yourself at home and we look forward to having you around.

·
Registered
509 Posts
hey collo

welcome, and this place is great!

It's good to see you here, I have spent an enjoyable hour or two on your site and so can see you fitting in well here and indeed making many a good contribution.

lots of love

terry

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
A couple of things Collo...

I upgraded your account so you may post links now... we know you are not a spammer. That is an excellent program and something I believe members here can benefit from greatly... thanks... :T

I did a search on Google for sonosub.exe and it was ironic that the Shack was third on the list, just ahead of your site.

You might be interested in this thread and I think your site would be an excellent idea for this.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for those kind words folks. It's also most encouraging to have my site suggested as a candidate for the hosing competition. Whilst a larger space and bandwidth would be nice, I think that it should go to someone who can devote enough energy to running a properly supported blog.

I went to post some graphs in the REW forum, but I wasn't allowed, so the bump in rights might not have gone through. I'll jump over there now and do a text only post. See y'all on the other side.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've had a chance to try out REW for a few days and all I can say is WOW!

I've got a few postings now in the Diy Subwoofers forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.