Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting in to home theater, as my mates building him self some nice jbl 4 ways and hes planning to incorporate 2 jbl 2245's not planing on going to nuts but looking for ideas and planing a nice system of my own

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack. So glad you have come aboard.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the Shack, Corley! Feel free to browse our website for information! We have a ton of members that you can ask questions here that are incredibly knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Corley! Welcome to the Shack!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Corley

I also are from the land downunder and also new member, nice site and the REW software, from a quick play last night, is really cool, certainly easier to measure responses than the way I have done in the past datalogging the sweep with my scope

My main HT is a 4 way JBL using two 2245H for the low bass, limit of sonic performance is certainly the room, way too many resonances at high SPL....keen to know how your mate gets on building his....certainly recommend the 2245's whilst they need large enclosures I think they are sensational drivers, but would think a tad difficult to get hold of these days?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah he got them a while ago i wish i could find some. and yeah i cant remember how large he was talking but i think it was like 12 cft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine new about 5 years ago from Revolver Audio in Sydney, but they had been in stock for quite a long time. They are in 280lt enclosures tuned to 25Hz, with a tad of EQ they are pretty flat to 20Hz

If you really want some and are in Sydney, give Dave at The Music Box in Ashfield a call, he should be able to help you out with some reconditioned drivers

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Corley. Haqve fun. Dennis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah tis true it is a nice place just mackays a little small oh well. currently got a 32" bravia song lcd ps3 and i know everyone hates them but a sony mutek stereo hence i need to upgrade

1 - 15 of 15 Posts