Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am new to the home theater and I will be setting up my very first one in coming months. doing alot of reseach at the moment so hopefully I dont make too many costly mistakes.:spend:

Zapper

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi all

I am new to the home theater and I will be setting up my very first one in coming months. doing alot of reseach at the moment so hopefully I dont make too many costly mistakes.:spend:

Zapper
You will do fine just be smart and take advice. I do suggest you build it up over time if you can.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Zapper!
As lsiberian said, make sure you have a good solid budget in mind for equipment and get the best you can afford as in the long run you will upgrade far less and save money.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

So far I have decided to go with a JVC HD550 projector(if game I might upgrade to at 950),Integra 80.1 receiver ,Mk3 lens( maybe MK4) and CAVX 7.1 custom speaker system with two subs.Room will be three level 2.7 * 4.3 * 9.0 metres . Should I start a new threat on this?

Zapper

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack Zapper.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Zapper! Welcome to the Shack! Best way not to waste money is ask tons of questions here!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Zapper! Welcome to the Shack! Best way not to waste money is ask tons of questions here!
thanks Greg I just started a thread on my purpose build , hopefully I can get alot of feedback on my home theater setup because really i have no idea. :dontknow:

Zapper

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Zapper. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Zapper. Like you I'm from Melbourne and slowly putting together a kit to amaze little children and make young adults envious...lol Why? Because I can... :devil: Hope to chat with you soon. Don't suppose you know how many people there are from the land of OZ in here ????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Guys , It is great to have a few from melb and from Aust , I am still in the process of selecting my system and I haven't totally decided on it yet but getting there.

Zapper

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Guys , It is great to have a few from melb and from Aust , I am still in the process of selecting my system and I haven't totally decided on it yet but getting there.

Zapper
If you're like me you'll still be looking till the cows come home ...lol Then one day you'll hear something which will just blow your mind away and you have to have it no matter what. Did I read you correctly before where you said you've started a thread on your build? If so could you post it, I'd love to see what you've decided on doing here using local industry etc.

On another note, have you narrowed your speakers down to any particular brands yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts