Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an old dude who has been doing this music and A/V stuff for a long time. This is not to say I know a lot, because I don't. I check out equipment, and if I like how it sounds and can afford it, I buy it. I have been using the internet since before it was an internet, and research my audio video stuff there. It is very difficult to buy new equipment, because I don't keep up on what is happening in tech until I want something new. I hope this forum will be a better way, :innocent: I just took a chance and bought an Onkyo TX-NR828. It replaced a NAD 753 because it had two HDMI outputs (and a bunch of inputs) which I wanted for the TV and a projector, with the inputs for the add ons, like bluray, PS3, DVR, SAT TV and also allows me to hook my old Vinyl player up. I could have gotten less receiver, but I was afraid of the HDMI issues that seemed to plague the lower priced ones. So - I do not really know where to post next, as I do not see an 828 owners thread anywhere hereabouts.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard the HTS

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, will wonders never cease. @Mike P. - I am originally from about 230 miles SSE of where your post says you are right now (small place called Findlater). I did not want to stay forever on the farm and left there a long, long time ago. Thank you for your welcoming post.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Welcome aboard neighbour. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the Shack, So glad you could join us. I have the onkyo 809 and love it. I think you will enjoy your 828 also. :wave:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack. There are a lot of great members here. Post your questions, maybe some pictures, read what others have said and have fun along the way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the welcoming posts. There is a great deal to learn about experiencing audio/video the way it is supposed to be experienced. There is a lot of information on this site.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
..and there are some other old dudes here as well, maybe old is not the right moniker, experienced would be better.
None the less, Welcome and post away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts