Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I thought I'd post my first time to introduce myself. My names Chris and I was directed to the shack by the DIY section of AVF. I'm really interested in building my own LFE and this looks to be the place to absorb as much know how as possible.

The cheese that lead me here was the REW that was posted over on AVF and looks to be a really cool tool. I have a Shack meter and have a Behringer 2496 on the way.

My system right now is Polk LSi 25, C, FX powered by a Sunfire Signature Seven and a Denon AVR-886 as a pre/pro until I gather some more wife approved cash for an Onk 5507. My current LFE is a Klipsch Sub-12 which will be on its way out when I get time to assemble a new LFE system.

I'm thinking of making a sofa table for behind my sectional that additional people can watch the TV from behind the couch. I was thinking about doing a couple of 15" in a ported configuration powered by a Behringer EP4000. I was hoping to have the enclosure be part of the table and still have room for knees under the table (if that's possible). I was hoping for a tune around 15Hz but I don't know what that would sound (or feel) like so I'm always open ears.

I look forward to getting more into the hobby soon and spend some time between courses.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to the shack. I dont recognise you from AVF, but you'll be right at home here.

I like your idea for a sub. There is a current build ongoing on here that might provide some ideas for you, and a dual 15" ported sub will rock.

Here's the thread.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Chris, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chris, welcome to the shack. I dont recognise you from AVF, but you'll be right at home here.

I like your idea for a sub. There is a current build ongoing on here that might provide some ideas for you, and a dual 15" ported sub will rock.

Here's the thread.

LOL. When I said from AVF all I did there was browse and read. I actually post more on Polk and Carver forums.

I saw that build and it looks pretty interesting. When I get some time to play with Sketchup or Solidworks I'd love to post up to get some feedback.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the Shack Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Chris. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts