Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!:bigsmile: Just wanted to say that this is such a great site. I'm an HT newbie and in the process of building my HT/Entertainment Room in my basement. Date of completion would be around February 2009. I'm only 2 years into this "hobby" and slowly building up my gear. I'm sure that this site will help me through my project and make it an enjoyable experience as well.

Thanks!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there kid_cinema and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard Jesse,

Enjoy your stay with us here at the Shack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! for the warm welcome.

Yes, I'll definitely post progress pics of my basement HT/Ent. room project. It's an unfinished basement so its really a blank canvas right now. It's not going to be a huge room, but it will be a dedicated room. It's really going to be neat to see the transformation. My goal for this project is to make the room as simple as possible, like a minimalist style standpoint, and also make it acoustically sound as possible. The "acoustically sound" will be the toughest part of the project for me because I'm really not an audiophile and I'm not very knowledgeable in the many aspects of audio. I'm just an enthusiast. I did however buy the "Master Handbook of Acoustics" and for someone like myself, that book is very technical :dizzy:. I will definitely apply some of the teachings in that book to my project, so stay tuned.

Thanks again!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Thank you very much and welcome, Jesse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts