Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Just to introduce myself... I'd classify myself as a moderate geek when it comes to audio, music and computers. I say "moderate" because there are some hardcore geeks of which I will never attain the same level of briliance.

related background...

Pro-audio - I did live sound on a daily basis for about 3 years in college as a part time job leading a team of 3. Learned most of my troubleshooting under pressure skills there. I also hosted a radio show and did some work in the recording studio. I loved messing around with Cakewalk and gave my music theory teacher a surprise when I'd hand in assignments with printed out music score and a recording burned on CD.

Home Entertainment - Aside from having a general interest I did happen to work as a sales guy at the infamous Circuit City for about 6 months. I specialized in PCs and Digital cameras but got "certified" to sell home entertainment stuff too. This ofcourse only means I know enough to be dangerous and by no means an expert. I survived the massive layoff they had in 2003 only to land a job as a DBA 2 weeks later :whew:

Computers - I've done just about everything from desktop support, software development, Database design and now Business Intelligence. Though like a shoemaker with old shoes I keep it simple at home... The gaming days of Starcraft and Planetarion are over for me.

So that's me... I do know alot of stuff but someone else always knows more and that's why I love forums like this. I look forward to great discussions about Home Entertainment with you all

TK :heehee:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hello TK! Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here. You have a great experience base. Hopefully I'll learn something.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome TK. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard the Shack TK,

Enjoy your stay.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts