Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have the crazy idea to produce 4.0 audio material in my homestudio and for the best possible sound I want to use digital room correction. Therefore I need to amp all the speakers seperately, of course. And that's why I want to build an amplifier with 8 in and outputs for my four 2-way speakers. I don't want to spend too much time, money and space, so I'd like to use chipamps - if possible they should already be mounted on a module...

For the low frequencies 2 of the LM4780 seem to be a good choice. I already found complete modules to buy on the internet. (I'm not allowed to post an URL here, yet. But I guess, you already know how that stuff looks like.)

Now, I'm about to look for a chipamp for the tweeters. The 60 Watts the "gainclones" can deliver seem a bit extreme to me for a tweeter that wouldn't be able to reproduce 10 Watts max, and I wonder if there are other chipamps with the same excellent reputation and features of the LM1875, LM3875, LM3886, …and so on…, but designed for a maximum output at about 15 Watts, or so.

Any idea?

Greets!
Mitsch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mmmh - I thought I alread checked the technical data of the LM 1875, but it seems I wasn't... It's just 20 Watts of output power... Is it possible to reduce the max output by lowering V+- (without killing the good sound of the chip)?

And what do you think about the TDA2030?

Which one of those offer better sound quality in frequencies between 5 and ~25 kHz?

Greets!
Mitsch

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
Subscribed... I am thinking of running chip amps for driving my La Scalas in my HT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.