Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to run an impedance curve on a device with nominal 4K (yes, 4000 ohm)impedance, with a 10K peak. The system was calibrated, and a measurement made, but the graph limit is maxed at 1000 ohms, so the actual curve is off the top of the graph. The measurement data appears to be valid, and the curve is visible in the measurement thumbnail, though. I tried using a 1K sense resistor, and a 2.7K sense resistor, but no difference. Couldn't find a fix.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The display limit is 1k. I can increase that for the next beta, but bear in mind that at higher impedances the soundcard's input impedance and its variations will degrade accuracy, potentially very significantly. In the meantime you could export the data as text and import it to Excel or similar to view it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The display increase would be much appreciated. I know about the soundcard input loading issue, but it's easy enough to whip up a FET input buffer amp should it become necessary. We have to watch out for stray C too, but I doubt I'll personally need to look much above 10K.

Thanks John!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts