Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm trying to come up with a Sub Enclosure that won't upset the misses and kid proof.

So far I'm come up with concept of wide and low box.
thinking up to 16" high x 60-72" wide and 12-16" deep

My start idea is 16"H x 60"W x 12"D ~ 6.6 cube ft

Would fit underneath Vinyl Shelf between mains.
Thing is I'd love to hide the Drivers from kids poking tendencies.
Would also love to try building T Line enclosure.

thinking a pair of 10" single 12"????
Anyone try this ? haven't found any builds in my searches.

Design ideas? Driver recommendations?
Ohh would love serious solid deep bass while musical. (who doesn't) solid to 20hz

Bang for buck pretty important too.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Is the vinyl shelf open in the back so you can just point the sub backwards? 6.6cuft might be enough for a Tline in a 10 or 12", I don't have any designs off the top of my head. That volume would be plenty for a nice ported enclosure.

What is your budget?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, could face the sub backward or down facing.

Maybe the drivers facing the rear on angle.
T line much easier with one driver right? Should I be thinking 4 8"'s, 2 10"s, 1-2 12"s, 1 15"??

I'd like to spend like less then $250 for drivers. 200 for amp. Although have a plate amp kicking around I could use.

Any parameters I should look for in Drivers? Parts express stuff?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well It Now I'm kinda liking the idea of 15"
Looking at the Dayton Audio DVC385-88 15"

but I think the with my Noob math the cabinet would need to be ~14 cubic feet. I'm sure that is horribly wrong.

See I'm not sure how large the cross section the Line has to be. My design has a cross section of roughly 3.5" x 16" x 12'

Anyway this is my starting point.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5IBKvFctZfE1VngR9jE9BU2JhVfi0FqjD2UFlBLSkcc?feat=directlink

Love to hear what is wrong with it and how it could be improved.
think it would be tuned to 23 Hz

·
Registered
114 Posts
At first glance, that CSA looks a little small for a tline sub. My ML-OD-TL csa for TC Sounds Epic 12s is a little more than twice that size, by the looks of it. If I were you, with that space, I would be looking to design a T-TQWT. You could do it with only one fold, so it's long.

Hornresp is going to be your friend here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not quite what I was looking for. Really want to build something interesting. I have a NHT 8" sealed, Velodyne 12 " ported already. I have under my shelf for Vinyl LP's which is about 16" high and 60" wide and 14" deep room for a sub that the Wife would like to look like furniture.

Kinda want to try something fun. the T line and Folded horns looked interesting,

But really I have a spot between my main speakers which is 16H x 12-14D x up to 60-72" wide. ~ 6 cuft to ~ 9 cuft
I thought that space length would/could lead to an interesting design.

I'd use 1,2,3 or 4 drivers. 100-250 bucks driver budget. less $ is more obviously since I'm not rich. I'd like it to work well with about 250 watts maybe be able to hold 500 if I get a hold of that down the road.

Just want a Sub box where the sub can't be poked by little fingers

I'm not sure what "ML-OD-TL csa" means

Although I do Like that Ottoman idea. we don't have one I could hide a sub in.

I mean I guess I should just go bottom firing ported dual 12'. Was just hoping for something more creative.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts