Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I never heard of Hisense and wonder how their quality is? If they are just entering the U.S. market, I don't know if it is worth buying one of their tv's.

Anybody know anyone who has a Hisense ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Give it three months and I bet there will be plenty of people who own one. My guess is they will enter the market at very attractive price points. Quality is always the question mark and the unfortunately the jury will be out on that one for at least 3-5 years. Very interested to see some pricing and professional reviews.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never heard of Hisense and wonder how their quality is? If they are just entering the U.S. market, I don't know if it is worth buying one of their tv's.

Anybody know anyone who has a Hisense ?
From the article:

Known to the consumer electronics industry as a TV supplier for Best Buy’s Insignia and Dynex house brands, its 2012/2013 line marks the first major effort by a Chinese manufacturer to penetrate the US market. Hisense is the world’s sixth largest producer of televisions.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Usually these "unknown" brands don't last long. I remember going to Best Buy few years back and was looking at a dvd player and there was some unknown brand there that was very cheap and I asked the sales guy which product was the most popular and he pointed to that unknown brand and then my second question was which product had a high return rate and he stated that same unknown brand. lol ...

Cheap and high quality often do not mix from what I have seen..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.