·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Street Date: 3/14/17

Blu-ray™ SRP: $29.99

DVD SRP: $24.98

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

Take home HISTORY® Network’s new action-packed, scripted series inspired by the real-life missions of the heroic Navy SEALs when SIX™ arrives on Blu-ray™ (plus Digital HD) and DVD March 14 from Lionsgate. With a remarkable cast, featuring the acclaimed Walton Goggins (“Justified”), the 8-episode scripted drama series follows a brotherhood of modern American warriors, Navy SEAL Team Six, as they fight to save a kidnapped former team member after their 2014 mission to eliminate a terrorist leader goes awry. From executive producers William Broyles (Apollo 13) and David Broyles, Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein, David Glasser, Nicolas Chartier, Alfredo Barrios, Jr., Bruce C. McKenna, Barry Jossen, Lesli Linka Glatter, and George W. Perkins, the SIX™ Blu-ray and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.99 and $24.98, respectively.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS

SIX™ follows members of Navy SEAL Team Six, modern American warriors whose mission to eliminate a Taliban leader in Afghanistan goes awry when they uncover a U.S. citizen working with the terrorists. Inspired by real missions, the series authentically captures the inside world of America’s elite special operations unit, what these SEALs do, their personal lives, combat, and the life-and-death decisions they make.

CAST

Walton Goggins TV’s “Justified” and “Vice Principals,” The Hateful Eight

Barry Sloane TV’s “Revenge” and “Longmire”

Kyle Schmid TV’s “Copper” and “Being Human”

Juan Pablo Raba Netflix’s “Narcos,” TV’s “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Edwin Hodge TV’s “Chicago Fire,” The Purge

Brianne Davis Jarhead

Nadine Velazquez Flight

Dominic Adams TV’s “Devious Maids”

Nondumiso Tembe TV’s “True Blood”

Jaylen Moore TV’s “Chicago Med”

Donny Boaz TV’s “Dallas”

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 2016

Title Copyright: SIX © 2017 Frank & Bob Films II, LLC. Cover Art and Design © 2017 A&E Television Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved. SIX, HISTORY, the “H” logo and A+E Studios are trademarks of A&E Television Networks, LLC. Distributed by LIONSGATE® under license from A+E Networks.

Type: TV-on-DVD

Rating: TV-14

Genre: War, Drama

Blu-ray Closed-Captioned: N/A

DVD Closed Captioned: N/A

Blu-ray Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH

DVD Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH

Feature Run Time: 341 minutes

Blu-ray Format: 16x9 Widescreen 1.78:1 Presentation

DVD Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 Widescreen 1.78:1 Presentation

Blu-ray Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio

DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I was really excited to watch this so I set my DVR to record! Turns out, I hate it. The acting is terrible and I just can't get past it.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was really excited to watch this so I set my DVR to record! Turns out, I hate it. The acting is terrible and I just can't get past it.
that bad huh? bummer, usually the history channel re-enactments are quite decent

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Lol. I've always enjoyed the history channel, and while not always perfect, still very enjoyable. I guess with "six", it feels forced and melodramatic, in contrast to something like lone survivor, while also not perfect, made me feel like I was part of the show. Believable might be the word.
I'd be curious for your feelings after a spin through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts