Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a hitachi 43uwx10b that was was out of convergence. i tried adjusting it and all adjusted well until i tried to adjust the blue. it will not adjust, vertically nor horizontally, i pulled it apart and can see that some resistors looked are discolored and one of the chips had cracked solder joints. i am going to order the repair kit and repair it myself, yet before i do i want to make sure that this could be the problem since the blue wont adjust either way. also their is now a line in the middle of the screen coming from the green lamp. if all other lamps are adjusted down to no output the line can be seen. if the red and blue are on and the green is off the line disappears, turn the green on and it comes back, its just a dark line. this just occured since ive had the tv on for a short time, i blew the inside of the tv out with a can of air, it was very dirty, im wondering did i just blow something ontop of the lamp and that is waht im seeing, does it just need to be cleaned or is the lamp damaged somehow? your input and response is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The line could be burned phosphor or an artifact of the convergence problem. Look into the lens with the set off using a flashlight and see if there is a dark line on the phosphor.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does this sound like a problem that changing out the chips and resistors will fix?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It will fix convergence. If a CRT is burned there is no fix other than to replace the CRT.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really appreciate the help and the quick responses, last questions, is the X480293 from titronics contain the stk392-110 or the stk394-160, i want to make sure it has the 160, and how much would a new crt be if that is the case?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
All of the Hitachi kits now have the -160. CRTs can be $200-300 but I am not sure about the ones for this set.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very much for your time, you have been a huge help, i dont think that it is the crt, the line wasnt there last night, and i noticed it this morning, ill just have to wait and see, once again i truly appreciate your help, ill order the parts tongiht and hopefully things will go smoothly, o and one last thing, it look like someone added a wire to the bottom of the board, it goes from the last pin on one the the IC chips, to what i believe is on of the fuses, any idea why they would have done this?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This is a factory afterthought. Most of the sets in that chassis series have it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how would i look into the lens of the crt, would i have to take the front screen of the tv off? and if so is that going to be hard to put back on correctly, is there a special adjustment or just one way?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Yes, you have to take the screen off. I only goes on one way, screws across the bottom and it pull it out and up. The Hitachis usually have snap-in grips on the sides, sometimes on the top as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is the sevice mode of adjusting convergence the grid that comes up and can be adjusted, or is there another way i need to adjust it after putting my new ic chips in

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
No other way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
replaced the ic's and resistors and i have all my adjustments back, howevr the convergence is way out, when i pull up the grid to set it, even the green is very wavy and hasno uniform cube size, wondering where to begin on getting this set correctly.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was also wondering, i pulled the screen of and looked into the ggreen crt, i dont see a line or burned spot on it, yet there is still a line in the middle of the screen and it generates from the green lamp, also when i had it apart i cleaned the mirror and lenses, any idea what this line is coming from?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Post an image. Could be some severe convergence or geometric anomoly, but it is hard to tell from your description.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here are a couple of pictures, the best i could get, what im talking about is the dark line seen in the center of the screen. i know the color looks weird but it looks perfectly fine to the naked eye, it was just weird on the picture screens, the convergence is adjsted and fixed, so any idea what this line is?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i cant figure out how to get the pictures to upload, the tv just has a dark lin runing down the center, can you give me a couple of things to check so i can maybe start to narrow it down, any ideas at all would be great, the convergence is all adjusted so i don think that could be it, the color looks good, its just a dark, line almost like the part isnt getting the color like the rest, thanks in advance

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Shift the static convergence to one side or the other. If the line moves it is in the video. If it does not it is a burned phosphor. If it is in the video and there is not a wrinkle in the geometry, it will likely be beyond your ability to repair. If it is burned phosphor it is not repairable without replacing the affected CRTs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts