Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tv had a previous problem where it went blurry every once in a while, at that time there would be green dots appear quickly at random around the screen. last night i lost the green color completely, the only colors i get now are red and blue, and the colors which can be made by mixing red and blue. any ideas?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sorry, no history that I know of on this problem. It would require some troubleshooting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it possible that i just need to replace the green tube, if you have any ideas on where to start trouble shooting i'm more than willing to try, i am a licenced electrician and an electrical engineering student, i have a good understanding of electronic circuits, if you know of any online manuals that might be of help then i can start there

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would not make that assumption at all. Even if you did, you would likely find that the aging in the other two tubes might make it hard to get good gray scale tracking.

Step by step troubleshooting is beyond the scope of the forum. Generally, however, I would get out my scope and schematic or block diagram and track down the green signal and use the "divide and conquer" strategy for signal tracing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts