Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a 51 inch Hitachi rear projection tv of which i had to replace the convergence chips, after replacing the tv works great, sometimes, it will slip out of convergence and look blurry for a short period of time then switch back, and look great for a short period of time. The repair was a little difficult to do because the flybacks are attached to the same board as the convergence chips, i was wondering if this problem is due to my soldering of the convergence chips, if the flybacks got damaged during the repair, or from some other issue, any help would be appreciated.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Is the image blurry due to the misconvergence or is it out of focus?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure that it's due to miss-convergence, but can you give me an example of how to fix both bad focus and miss-convergence?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
They are completely different problems and there are no easy tutorials on fixing them. Convergence problems are the most routine, and you can see that the first ten posts of the convergence repair sticky are pages long and just cover the basics.

If you have intermittent convergence, you likely have some bad connections somewhere. I would go over the connectors and the soldering and verify the integrity of both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the help, something i have noticed is when the screen goes blurry small green dots appear randomly around the screen for split seconds, and when it is in focus the screen is clear, i don't know if that helps to determine the problem i will check over the connections of the convergence chips. again thanks for the help.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
When it goes blurry can you adjust the convergence? If you can it has nothing to do with the convergence circuits. Green dots does not sound like convergence either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when it goes blurry and i manually run magic focus the vertical RGB lines are not completely lined up, and i can adjust them, when it goes back to a good picture the RGB lines also switch back to being aligned with one another.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you can adjust the convergence you don't have an output problem. I suggest you post an image.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taking a picture doesn't really help because it happens too fast, basically the image on the screen shakes, the higher the resolution of the image the less noticeable it is, when the image is shaking small square green rectangles appear at random around the screen, i don't know how else to describe it.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sounds like a digital processing problem. Not likely something that you can easily DIY if it is not source related.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts