Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picture on the tv has display of 3d images,read a little on this,i'm guessing it needs chip replacement,is it recommended to get the STK394-160 or just get the stk 392 - 150?

tv model # 57uwx20b

·
Banned
102 Posts
Seeing as how this forum is to help people, I don't think I am stepping on anyones toes by suggesting you head over to the AVSforum.com and search for the don't dump your CRT projection TV and ask Mr. Bob the correct convergence chip needed.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please read the first ten posts of the convergence repair sticky in the DIY Repair forum VERY carefully.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/for.../5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html

With all due respect to Bob, you won't get better advice than you will find here, unless he does some specific research on your model. Bob can give you better advice regarding tweaking the set and he does show up here at Home Theater Shack.

If you can get the 394-160 from a vendor that you are confident is supplying OEM parts, it would be the choice for most Hitachi sets, but you should check the info in the thread above to see if there is a bulletin for your model or chassis. Far more important than the choice of these two chips is to get the parts from a reliable supplier. There are lots of cheap copies. Also more important is to be thorough in testing and repairing the set. Again, follow the advice in the above thread carefully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts