Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to fix my convergance issue , test all resister, test fine, replaced the stk392-110 with stk392-150 's rk48 burnt up and so did the chip, tv didnt want to turn on. replaced chips a second time , with rk48 tv turn on but resister start to smoke within 10 secs, unplug it before any more damage. What could be the problem? i thought i might of had a bad chip the first time but two times in a row?

I dont have the schematic on the unit , if someone does please post.

thanks
dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am going to double check my chips to make sure they are real but since i went thru two set of chips i figure that shouldnt be the issue. all resistors that feed the green portion of the ckt seem to be in all working order(thats where cyh- RK 58) Have you ever seen a bad yoke cause this problem? I might of the first time mix the connection between green and blue ckt, not sure if that might of shorted something out.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
All I can say is that if you have covered all of the things discussed in the convergence repair sticky, you could have a bad yoke or other problem that requires more troubleshooting, but the vast majority of these problems are something that was missed or messed up in the repair process. It is quite rare to have a bad yoke in a hitachi. In fact, i can't recall ever seeing one, and I have done hundreds. I have seen a few in toshibas and philips sets, but not hitachis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts