Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!
Our church purchased a Hitachi CP-S860we video projector to display during our worship services. We have this projecting on a 6' x 8' rear-projection screen and the projector is controlled from an AV room in the back of the sanctuary via remotes, video amplfiers, etc. Recently, I have been having problems where the remote control will not blank the screen or turn the unit on/off. I replaced the batteries in the remote and this did not seem to help. One thing I have noticed recently is that the remote functions correctly when I am editing our church presentation software (EASYWORSHIP). However, during the service and after the projector has been running for over 1 hour, the remote seems to be giving me headaches...Could this be an indication that the projector is overheating or that it might be going bad? We have never replaced the bulb (since 2002), but, I am not getting any indications that the bulb needs changed (dim projection, lamp light is not lit on projector, etc.). I was wondering if one of the video amplifiers could be going bad, etc. Just wondered since I have diagnosed the problem as occuring whenever the projector has been on for a while. Cooling fan is running fine and the filter is clean...

We do not want to spend funds on a new projection system if it could be avoided.

Thanks

Dave at First Presyterian Church - Toronto, OH 43964

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your post has been moved to a more appropriate location to make information easier to find and to make it more likely that others who are interested will find your post.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are the angles to the sensors, or the distance when in service an issue? Most remote problems are not thermally affected.

Another problem in some installations is sensor overload due to sunlight or other lighting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the remote sensor on the computer desk so the distance between the two is only about 6-8 inches. I just wondered if the projector was going bad (i.e. circuitry, etc. ) once the projector has been on for 1/2 hour or more....It is an older projector (2002).

Thanks

Dave

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no way to know other than testing. Remote sensors are pretty simple. They output a series of pulses when they receive a signal from a remote. Test the output when it is working and when it is not to isolate the area with the problem and narrow it down to the failing component.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do not have testing equipment to test the sensor...but, will check with someone at the church who has an electrical background....I have a local company that might send in a tech to check out my problem also...I was not involved in the initial set up of all the equipment.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts