Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently acquired a Hitachi P50s601 with the blinking blue lights. I did my forum homework and replaced the two 3300 micro-F caps. After I replaced the power supply, the TV powers up for a few seconds and then back down into standby mode, with no voltage on the test pins. This did not occur when I was testing the television initially before replacing the budging caps. Is there a thermal switch or something of that sort that needs reset? I know one of the SRD boards is bad, this still occurs with the SRD boards unplugged.

I searched long and hard before posting this, so I apologize if the answer is already in another thread.

Thank you!

Read more: Hitachi P50S601 power up problem - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Welcome to HTS! I searched a few forums and found this. I'm sure someone with more knowledge in this area will chime-in with more/better info, but I hope that this helps.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would not assume that you can run the set with the boards unplugged. If you know you have a bad board, it needs to be repaired so that you do not do further damage, like damaging the caps that you just changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Leonard, Thank you for your reply. I came across many of your posts in the other threads with the same issue. I think I have another problem, the tv powered up before I replaced the caps and I could remove the srd ribbons without it shutting down. I did this to test which srd board may have failed. (Per the forum) It really seems like there is a shutdown I caused by pulling the power supply and replacing it, like something I over looked... any thoughts on that front?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I have read the forum through and through. Actually, the last gentleman seems to have the same issue as me, he did not get resolution on the forum to my knowledge (but his question was a bit weird too).

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
My guess would be that you blew something on the y-sus board in testing, but it would take some checking of the obvious components like active devices, caps, and fuses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts