Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for any and all replies. I have a Hitachi P50S601. The other day it would not show anything on the screen and the light would blink three times. I read the board and took it apart and found two capacitors bulging on the Power Board. I replaced them. When I turned it back on it would stay in standby mode and when I turned it on I could hear volume and see the pic for around two seconds then the light when begin blinking again three times. I unplugged the SDR board from the YSUS board and the tv would power up and stay on but the bottom half of the screen remained dark. The top did come on but the picture was not a very good quality. I inspected the SDR-D board and there are no visual abnormalities. The question I have is there any way to tell if the problem lies in the SDR-D board or the Y SUS board?

Thanks So much for your time.

Mike

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Probably the upper board if it would run with it disconnected, but I have also seen some sets with a y-sus that would not run with both connected. Not much that is practical to do at this point but try the upper board and hope you get lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I changed the SDR-D board. Now the TV has black horizontal lines that run through it. I have tried to un plug all the ribbon cables and replug them back in but to no avail. They are there no matter which input source I use. In fact when you hit menu to select input source they are there. Any ideas? :dontknow:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are the lines on the whole screen? Evenly spaced? Best guess with little info is connections at ribbon cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts