Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having an issue with my Samsung DLP, sometimes when I turn it on I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Check Fan #2". Sometimes I can watch without problem and it goes away, sometimes it doesn't go away, and sometimes the TV just shuts itself off and I can't turn it back on until something internal cools down. I thought maybe the vents were clogged with dust or cat hair so I opened it up, vacuumed out what I could and put it back together but it still happens. I also tried to place an external fan to blow on the back of the unit but it still appears to be overheating. Samsung wants to charge me $100 to come to my house, plus $80 for labor and parts if they do the repair, which seems expensive. Another company will charge less but I have to wait almost two weeks until they get here. I am somewhat experienced with electronics and was wondering if there was something easy I could check, because aside from this the TV works fine and the picture is great. Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.:help:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure where they are located. I don't have a schematic and nothing jumped out at me when I opened the unit up. I saw one small fan in the center.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check the fans for dust blocking them. Get a service manual to find out where #2 is located. We have links to sites with manuals in the stickies in the service and support area and in vendor listings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what "stickies" are. I'm new here. Found the service/support section which pretty much leads me back here. Went to the Vendor listing and found two applicable sites, one was Complete Service Manuals and the other was Samsung. The first did not have my model number on file, I have to request it but I'm not sure how long it will take to get a reply. I already tried Samsung to no avail which is why I came here. They have a "Live Chat" that never seems to be working and the user manual is not specific enough. :rolleyesno:

Does anyone know where the #2 Fan is located on this model?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sticky threads are those that we place at the top of a forum because they are particularly useful or of special interest.

The thread at
http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...ps-service-manuals-assorted-useful-links.html
contains several sources for manuals.

A google search for electronic service manuals returns dozens of sites. You have to be careful about many of those results but there are resources out there. One of the best that I have used for years is a rather scary one called elektrotanya.com that is not in English but has lots of free manuals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, went to the elektrotanya site. Found my manual number, downloaded the pdf nuance reader, now I am ready to download the manual but how do I do that??? It says there is a 20.4 MB file available and to "click on the link" but there is no link. There are "Google Ads", there are links to SonicDownloads (which gets me to the Nuance download again) and a lot of other ads but I don't see anything that lets me download this 20.4 MB file. What am I missing?? :wits-end:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am thinking fan two is ether on the DMD board or the one behind the lamp. I forgot to plug in fan 3 and that is the fan on the digital board. So I know what one it isn't. :rofl: When I left it unplugged the tv told me right away fan 3 wasn't working. If the fan inself is bad you can check on ebay for a fan or www.samsungparts.com and also discount-merchant the link at the top of the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts