Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

HL-S4266W problems

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nsafreak 
#1 ·
I've had this Samsung DLP TV (model HL-S4266W) for a bit over four years without any issues. Recently the TV has been switching off and the front 3 LEDs on the on/off power button for Timer/Temp, Lamp, Power/Standby have been flashing after it turned itself off. According to the Samsung manual for this TV that indicates that the lamp may be defective. Since this was a showroom model before I purchased it and it has however many hours I've added to the bulb over 4 years I figured it made sense that the bulb might need to be replaced.

I should note though that I have not seen any noticeable dimming of the picture over time and I have not touched the picture settings for the set since calibrating it and turning it down from the typical torch mode that showrooms have TV sets running at. I pulled the bulb housing from the unit and upon inspection I really don't see anything wrong with it, no scratches or dust or anything wrong with the bulb filament to indicate that it was getting ready to go. I took the bulb to a TV repair shop that sold the bulbs to get a second opinion & a replacement bulb in case I was wrong and the shop tech stated he didn't see anything wrong with the bulb either. So now I'm really not sure what's wrong with this set. I put the bulb back into the set, re-attached the securing screw, put in the cooling duct and put the back panel back on and it's still doing the same thing. I turn the set on, it displays picture for a minute maybe two and then it turns itself off with the 3 flashing LEDs.

The other symptom I should note is that whenever the TV is on there's a low pitched hum that I'm guessing is coming from the color wheel assembly. It's had this hum for a good year or two now with no ill affect though so I'm not sure if that's an indicator of what the problem might be. If it's a potentially simple fix I'd rather do that than spend a few hundred on a new TV set since I've had no issues with this one. If anybody can give me hints as to what to look at I'm all for it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.