Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello was hoping someone has seen this problem ? The Speakers make several noises Static Crackling And Poping
No matter if sound is up or all the way down or the internal speakers speakers are turned off .
Noises still present also no matter what input noises still present in speakers. Most of all after switching off set
noises still present until the fans stop . Help im not sure power supply, main board, Analog board or fans !
Any help on this would be great Thank you

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
That symptom is usually a failing output device or a bad connection. Are you sure that it is coming from the speakers? Odd that it would be related to the fans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello thanks for the Quick response . Yes it is coming from speakers also i have nothing connected to any of the inputs . Also i am not able to reset the sound in menu the reset menu is gray and cannot be highlighted. Called samsung and they know of this problem on thousand's of sets . They say power supply is bad so ill replace it with another and see . I think posssibaly a BAD filter cap next to the power supply relay as the Filter cap is get mighty hot . Any sugestions ? What is very strange is that even after turning set off you can still hear the noises in speakers until the fans stop for about 1.5 minutes or so. Thanks again

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You might want to consider fixing the power supply rather than replacing it. If they have a batch of bad caps you may get a new board with the same problem, eventually. New parts are usually made in the same production runs as the sets, not later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts