Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Plain ole user
11,205 Posts
There have been some bad solder connections in the power supply in these sets. If the lamp is lit the lamplitz line from the ballast should go low. If it does not, you have a bad ballast.

· Plain ole user
11,205 Posts
These are very different sets. You need to be paying attention to the HLR threads. Your symptoms sound like digital board problems that have been discussed at length for those sets. I have not heard of significant digital board problems on the HLM series.

· Plain ole user
11,205 Posts
Please post in an appropriate thread. It can be very confusing to other people to discuss problems with different models in the same thread. YES, the sets are very different.

· Plain ole user
11,205 Posts
Rear panel switch closed?

Yes, you could have a bad lamp.

Check to see if the lamp lit line at the ballast changes state when it lights.

· Plain ole user
11,205 Posts
Door switch is closed
reading 390v
and 4.5v
I assume that the 390v refers to the power supply to the ballast. What is reading 4.5v? Cryptic information does not help solve your problem. Please be more descriptiveif you want help.

· Plain ole user
11,205 Posts
I do not recall what pin 1 on CN2 is, exactly, but if it is the limp lit signaling line, it should change state when the lamp comes up. If it does not, you may have a bad ballast.

If I was troubleshooting the set the first thing I would do is change the lamp. Many techs and consumers waste lots of time and money assuming it is something else when they just have a bad lamp. Most techs learned long ago to start there and rule that out first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.