Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an HL467WX off of craigslist. I plugged it in and hit the power button. There is something that spins up (very audible) but doesn't sound broken (i.e. shattered, damaged color wheel). The lamp does not turn on. However, I don't hear any clicks that might indicate a broken or damaged ballast. It cycles through its start attempts maybe 15 times and then all three lights on the front start to flash. I know that this pattern indicates a fried lamp, bad ballast, or a damaged colorwheel. I suspect it is just the lamp but is there anyway to test if the ballast is damaged or the colorwheel is bad without purchasing a new lamp first? Thanks a million.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The ballast should have supply of over 320vdc, should get a lamp enable signal from the LE, and should make a buzzing noise trying to start the lamp. Other than that, there is not much to do to test other than try a new lamp. You can visually inspect the lamp and you may see some irrecularity in the little glass sphere at the bottom near the reflector or it may be visibly broken.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, what does LE stand for? There is no audible buzzing sound, only the sound of something spinning up. Will test ballast supply voltage tonight.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Look for swollen caps in the power supply and ballast.

LE = Light Engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts