Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hln617wx samsung . My tv plays perfect for about 3 minutes when it first starts up then it gets real jitter sometimes not always but some times . It also has a problem with shadow affect in red, purple and green today i seen it go dark blue. when the tv plays and it has one of these erros before it shuts down and then it wont always shut down but most of the time it does. sometimes it will have this color distortion and continue to stay powered up. bogels my mind. i replaced the lamp wasnt it . I checked the capacitors on the power supply board no swelling or leaking capacitors i dont think thats it. i dont think its the color wheel because after i have hard reset the tv several times it goes back to normal and will play all day with no problems its only in the initail start process sometimes I can get it to correct its self in just maybe 3 hard reset's by pulling the plug out of the wall other times i may do this for a half an hour before it goes back normal. I dont hear a screetching sound like what i understand other color wheel problems sound like I have had the screen power down lamp go out and the tv fans turning in the back but not warning sounds that would be un normal. what is the problem is it the dmd board chip can that be fixed with some thermal paste applied . please someone out their help. If the color wheel was bad wouldnt it do this all the time including if the power supply was weak wouldnt it be the same way . :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::scratch::hissyfit::scratch::hissyfit:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Could be a bad color wheel or a bad DMD board or a bad digital board. If it does not start up because of a color wheel you will not hear the color wheel spin up. In those sets you can sometimes get them to start by tapping gently on the housing of the CW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.