Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago, my tv started to make a horrible noise. After a little research, I found that it was a bad color wheel. I orderd and replaced the wheel (the old one was broken) but then my lamp would not fire up. I then replaced the lamp. Still no luck. Lastly, I just replaced the balast. I still can not get the lamp to come on. The tv does it's chirp of powering up, the lamp light on the front blinks for about 20 secondsm then the tv resets and tries to reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Supergroomer
(Dave)

·
Registered
730 Posts
you could of got a bad color wheel. some times even new parts can be bad. ( do you hear it spinning up ). also check to make sure the ribbion cable from the color wheel is pushed into the dmd board straight. if you still have the noisy color wheel you may want to try that again. if the tv powers back up again then you know for sure you received a bad color wheel.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Make sure that you did not install the ribbon cable upside down. Common mistake.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Most suggestions come from experience...been there and done that "experiment." Just to be able to help someone else, obviously...:whistling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts