Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY,
I'm new to this forum, but read a few threads to trouble shooting the dlp tv.
My problem is the lamp led keeps blinking for about half a minute and than turns of.
The tv never turns on. Once the led lamp indicator light finishes blinking the tv acts as if it's on (no picture or sound just blank with the lamp working)
but than after another half minute it shows the standby red led.
I cannot turn of the tv with the remote when it does this cycle.
I did the digital board fix with the bolt and tee but didnt work.

any other thing i can do?
Also not sure if this matters but the safety switch doesnt seem to work since the lamp turns on with the cover taken off and the blue switch in the middle off position doesnt affect it.

any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sounds like a digital board problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so replace the board than?
The television turned on when i got it to give me the error message for the cover off but than i can't make this happen.
Would a faulty safety switch cause this?

·
Registered
730 Posts
the board is around 188 dollars after you send in the old one for a core charge. I had the same issue with mine the lamp light would flash. then after so long the standby temp light would come on. if I looked at the back of my set I could see the lamp lighting up.

you may want to try the reflow person we found, but since the bolt didn't bring anything back to life it may not work. It cost 40 dollars. So far it's been 4 days since he has had his board back and no issues. but we wan't to wait a little longer to make sure.

ps. my tv had the same issues as yours and the reflow would of worked if i wouldnt of messed the board up myself. I wish I would of just sent it off to the reflow person, but i didnt find him until after the fact.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
so replace the board than?
The television turned on when i got it to give me the error message for the cover off but than i can't make this happen.
Would a faulty safety switch cause this?
Your symptom sounds very familiar to Jason's and mine. I have seen others with the same behavior. IIRC the lamp should not start if the door switch is open.

·
Registered
730 Posts
if i open up my door on the back my tv comes up and shows video but after so long it turns off. the lamp lights. it's very rare for one of these switches to brake unless you brake off the plastic lever the door presses against.

another thing that may make it turn on is unplug it for about a week and then try plugging it in. and another thing to try is as you are trying to power it up. unplug and plug it back in many times as the lamp light is flashing. you may hear it make the start up sound then it will come on. even with the fix on mine i had to unplug it and plug in it a few times to make it give the start up sound then after that the tv would work until it was unplugged again or if the power went out. then i would have to do it all over again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the responses guys.
last question is would this be the part i need?
New OEM Samsung BP94-02049E PCB Jack Complete

thanks guys ..

·
Registered
730 Posts
check the part number on www.samsungparts.com also check the part number on the sticker on the metal case of the digital board. I beleave it's BP94-02084A. the part number you gave is theASSY PCB MISC-ANALOG. you want the ASSY PCB MISC-DIGITAL//CHECK MODEL CODE.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Price $238.00 (core value: $50) . maybe you put pressure on the wrong chip. make sure you did it to the dnie chip on the digitial board. if that works then the 40 dollar reflow should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i realized thats the wrong part number. No i put the pressure on the dnie chip. i looked it up coz i removed the cade and open the casing for the low bottom circuit board. And the chip also said samsung dnie ..

thanks guys ill look up that part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts