Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would first off like to thank the many contributors to this forum, especially Icallio, for the comprehensive knowledge you have shared with the masses concerning this particular model. I currently own the AX/XAA model, and have attempted my own revision of the pressure trick by soldering a nut, with a bolt already threaded, to the interior of the clamshell. I then glued a small piece of wood on the underside of the board under the DNIE chip, right where the capacitor sits, so as to provide some structural integrity upon tension being applied. All this was performed in a static-free environment and with the utmost care. Still same problem....

I have owned this set for roughly 4 years, purchasing Brand New originally from Best Buy. I have never had an issue in the past with this particular unit. But here recently, start-up procedure has been as follows:

1. Plug in Power Cord (sometimes TV will immediately startup upon being energized_
2. If the TV is still in Standby mode at this point, I press the ON button
3. The LAMP light blinks, as well as the TIME light in response to any action on the remote.
4. The Lamp will then cut on, the screen will come up, Picture and Audio from Input, as Normal
5. If no input is selected or provided, the screen tiles the iconic black and white Ant Race, tiling in green every now and again sometimes.
6. The screen will stay on for roughly 3 seconds, before FREEZING for 2-3 seconds
7. The set then recycles this over and over, with the lamp remaining on, despite the screen turning on and off.

I am thinking possible the power supply, but would GREATLY appreciate any and all help you may be able to provide. Thank you all once again and God Bless....

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Could be power supply, as can most problems, but I would be suspecting a digital board or DMD board. Pull up the service menu test patterns and see if they are stable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you again for your insight and professional introspect on my issue. I attempted to follow through the instructions as listed below to enter the service menu:

1. TV turned off
2. Press 'Mute' then '182' then 'Power' buttons on the remote.

The only issue is right as it attempts to enter, the set does as precedent, shutting off and restarting. I am on tough times financially, as I know many are, and greatly appreciate any and all help in these uncertain times. If you have any further suggestions or would even be interested in repair after some further troubleshooting on my behalf, with me paying the shipping and your compensation of course. Just food for thought. Thank you again....

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Troubleshooting long distance is not likely to be effective. The things that an experienced tech would observe and interpret might be easily distorted in translation.

I would check power supplies, check color wheel operation, check to see what is going on with the ballast and lamp, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.