Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green Static on Samsung DLP. Model HL-R4266W (Or HLR5066W?) with L64A Chassis (Robocop/Hurricane)? (Previously replaced or swapped chassis/digital board?)

On Tuner, Composite and HDMI input. Intermittent, can go hours without it, sometimes shutting off for 3 minutes will fix it. Can go away after a few minutes or stay on for hours too. Mostly affects black and/or contrast areas. Service Menu DDP Test mode not affected by the static, but DNIe Test modes are.

I took the chassis out, checked the connectors, reseated them all including the main grounding cable between the main Digital board and the power supply. Problem went away for a few days but is now back with a vengeance. Lasts longer.

NOT GREEN + PURPLE PLAID ISSUE. Issue is also the same regardless of HD or SD content, so most likely not ram issue either. It affects the overlay menus and CC as well. Not much, but can be seen.

Any ideas of what might be it?

A video of it is at youtube.com/watch?v=iIQCGBx191k

Attachments

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hmm I have seen a good number of display issues, but that is not one I am familiar with.

Have you been able to touch base with Samsung on this issue and they should know straight away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I have seen a good number of display issues, but that is not one I am familiar with.

Have you been able to touch base with Samsung on this issue and they should know straight away.
They had no idea. Called Samsung, the agent was just customer service. Took my info, checked the warranty (long expired), arranged for a repair service to call me back. They did, was quoted 100 for a diagnostic, plus 80 for labor and part cost if I go for a repair. Tried to push for more info, a tech apparently mumbled something about it being a digital chip (generic term) issue to the service's rep, so I was looking at 320 for the part (assuming they would just swap the chassis or digital board), 500 total. The cost of a new comparable sized lcd, minus the bulk...

Nothing specific was said so I'm still at square one. Grrr. I'm going to double check the board for bad caps again.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Not much luck with either in the long run. Every board repaired or replaced failed again within two years or was defective right away in my experience. This was a truly faulty product IMO and I gave up on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts