Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize now my folly in purchasing this DLP set in non-working state; but I thought I would be able to fix it and have it be a fun project. Luckily I'm only 70$ into it and some spare time right now.

The system powers on fine, displays fine (well, was...I need to fix the DNIe chip again now I think after I've messed with it; that won't be a problem) for about 3-5 seconds. The picture then freezes on screen (tested with static on the cable input and both AVI 1 and the HD composite using a xbox 360) as well as any audio, and then restarts. Sometimes the set plays the startup chime everytime it restarts, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it stops making the chiming sound after 10 minutes or so of me ignoring it while it restarts over and over.

There are no lamp/standby/timer lights at all flashing on it, it just gets mad at itself and restarts.....

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance, I've read through most every thread in the first two pages of this forum without finding anything too similar...

·
Registered
730 Posts
digital board issues. I am guessing. we found someone to reflow the dnie chip on the digital board but we are waiting for someone to come back to let us know if the repair worked.

could also be in the power supply.

were are you from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So given that I've been messing with the board possessing the DVI connector and the DNIE chip; that's the digital board, correct? I want to make sure I'm on the right track so I can keep messing with it heh

·
Registered
730 Posts
it has the dvi connctor on the side of it. inside the metal case. we talked about this issue a lot. the chip will most likely need to have the solder reflowed since the presser fix only works about 1 week before the issues come back. look at our post of the hlr5067w and the post about the hlr6167w it uses the same board as the hlr4667w

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I saw that long 8 page thread; read through it. The pressure fix didn't help my situation at all neither did attempting my own reflow using the heatgun/xbox360 method (I work on a lot of 360's so I'm familiar with how to handle that)
I'll probably attempt my own reflow one more time just in case that's it, but I'm trying to avoid paying anything to get it running again

·
Registered
730 Posts
maybe you can find another one of these tv's with another issue. maybe even larger. and just swap out parts. like i said yours could have other issues. it could be in the dmd board or even the power supply. i am guessing it's in the digital board with the freezing video. again what state are you in? maybe someone who belongs to the forum maybe close to you. maybe they would be willing to sell you their hlr__67w

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welp...It's dead now. Was messing with the board when my roommate tripped over something and now the boards in two.
Thanks anyways guys; I can't find how to delete this thread.

·
Registered
730 Posts
well you should be able to sell parts from the tv. like the light engine and other parts but sell them as is. you should be able to make back the money you paid for the tv. maybe a little extra. sell them on ebay or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having this same issue... I have tried the pressure trick (bolt and special washer on the chip). Didn't change anything. I have run through the service menu and checked both the DDP1011 test pattern and the DNIe test pattern. The DNIe did not display the white screen but did every other subsequent screen. The set is in perfect condition as far as display image its just the rebooting. I can hear something stop working (screen freezes)??? Then is recycles and starts running again (sound and image resume)... I live in Georgia and from what I can see people are having problems with there boards. Anyone in Georgia that can reflow solder or that has any thoughts would be great. I am quite adapt at soldering but this is too tiny for me to mess with lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts