Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am trying to confirm a lamp to ballast combination. MY TV is HLR5067W, L3 chassis with a Osram 1.0 100 watt lamp, E23 (big bulb). I am wanting to replace the now expired lamp with the Phillps 120 -132 watt lamp, E22 (smaller bulb). It appears that I would also have to replace the ballast to make use of the higher wattage rated bulb. My ballast is marked as a ECU 100. Do I need to get the 120-132, BP47-00037A ballast?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would use the ballist and lamp that the system calls for to prevent any problems that may arise. If the original lamp is 100W then try to get the same one or a replacement that crosses over to your current Lamp, if you must upgrade it make sure the new ballist will work with the original power supply and new lamp. Good luck and be carefull when dealing with a ballist or any power supply.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Do not assume that the specs that you have are all that may be relevant. Use the same lamp and ballast that came out of the set originally unless the Samsung service web site has a bulletin or change to the BOM recommending a change.

One cannot assume as much as one might think. A good example are the Mitsubishi lamps that many have trouble with when subbing on the V34 chassis. What appears to be the same Osram lamp available from many distributors, with the same specs, actually have very different strike voltages. That detail in specifications is rarely available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts