Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:
I have read a lot of the great posts on her about the know Digital Board problem with the Samsung HLR5067W. I tried the suggestion of the clamp/screw on the DNIe chip. However, this did not work for me.

So I have a few questions:
First my problem is as follows:
The problem I am having started slowly, then went away and now has returned and from what I am
reading it is possibly the digital board.

Problem started slowly and now has become must worse. The TV comes on, the sounds can be heard for about 2 seconds, then it goes away. The picture goes for maybe a minute then freezes. Then after a few seconds the TV restarts and the process happens all over.

Question 1)Am I on the right tracking thinking this is the digital board?

Question 2)If it is the digitial board, is an option to use the HDMI connection? Or does that go through the digital board as well? I have comcast cable and the cable box has an HDMI outlet. Before buying an HDMI cord, can someone tell me if this is even an option? Would analog (hooking it up to RCA work as well?)

Question 3)Can you please verify the correct part for my digital board is: BP94-02084A?

Thank in advance for all the help and support.
kp

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If the problem involves restarting, system control is involved and using HDMI is not going to solve the problem. You most likely have a digital board problem, but it is just a guess without more troubleshooting to eliminate other possibilities such as power supply or bad front panel control switches.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response.

Is there a way to diagnose these other problems, any thing else I can try to be sure?

Can you also verify I have the right part number for my model? Which is part number: BP94-02084A

thanks again for the help.
kp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts