Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I just replaced the lamp on a hlr5067wx/xaa tv that i found outside my apartment complex, I do not know what else was wrong with the tv before. But after i put the new lamp in and power it up than I get purple and white static like bars across the tv. Any idea what is causing this. I have uploaded a clip to youtube to show you what it looks like.
(I cant post links so please google "Samsung hlr5067wx/xaa static issue youtube" the video should be first thing to show up. It is uploaded by user rabel101481.)
The menus show up fine above the issues, and when I go to the tv guide then i dont see the bars. Only on the inputs.

Now the lamp i got back was slightly different in that it didnt have a bump on the back but it fit in there good.
Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have also posted the youtube link under the whatever box on my profile, thanks in advance.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Most likely the digital board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It gets weirder, the inputs do work if I change them to "game". I have the cable box hooked up using regular rca cables and under name set to game and the issue goes away. The xbox also is setup using rca cables and set to game and it works. Any ideas whats going on.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It could be lots of things. The most common problems with these boards revolve around bad connections on the larger BGA ICs, but there are also problems with communications between the chips, power supplies, tuning circuits, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts