Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say that none of you are having problems with "your" Samsung DLP TVs... when in fact, WE are having problems with Samsung's DLP TVs !. While this is only a slight variation in wording, but the difference in meaning and impact couldn’t be more significant. Not only are we suffering the financial loss by having defective sets - here is what is more offensive and perverse - Samsung continues to make money off us by manufacturing and selling these replacement digital and analog boards, color wheels, etc.

Here is my recent quandary - Stop me if you've heard this one before...........
I spent $300 replacing the digital board (p/n BP94-02084a) about 6 months ago and it corrected the problems described 500 times in this forum and others. Recently, the TV has had problems booting up. I would get the tones (indicating the TV was in the process of starting) once every 5-8 attempts. It would then operate flawlessly until we turned it off. Shortly thereafter, we started to hear the whining upon powering the tv. It would wind up, wind down and then repeat this process several times before the lamp would fire and I got the tone. Also quite noticeable was this 'zzzzt' sound that sounded like a swarm of mosquitos buzzing. Once the TV eventually started up, all the colors on the screen were either shades of green or pink.

I replaced the lamp and now the TV fires up instantly, however the colors are still green and pink. Am I dealing with the digital board again or something else?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DMD vs Digital Board

I have the HLR5067WAX XAA and I replaced the board that has the tuner affixed to it and is encased in the metal cage. Is the board that sits atop the tuner board the DMD board - the one all of the cables plug into with modular connections?

Thank you.
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: HLR5067WAX/XAA new problem with colors CORRECTION

I stated in my previous post that I replaced the digital board 6 months ago, and I may have incorrectly identified the board. What I replaced was the board that has the tuner affixed to it and is encased in the metal cage. I'm not sure if that is actually called the digital board or if that is the DMD board. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thank you.
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts