Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA that will play for about 30 min an then shuts off by itself. After it cools off it will turn back on and work just fine for another 30 min. I see others have it shut off a whole lot quicker in the other posts. The picture is fine, but it seems something is getting hot and shutting down. The red light on the front comes on and stays on until I shut it off and turn it back on.

Please help.
Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In compaliance to post in the closest post of my problems, I chose this, though the original poster has not replied to your question. So here is my report and updates.
I had the very similar problems, though mine became progressively worse and it no longer came up this morning. The lights indicated in the following sequence. When power cord is plugged in, red "stand-by/temp" light comes on. When the round front power button is pressed, green "timer" light blinks once, then green "lamp" light blinks about 11 times, but no A/V comes on; while you can see from the back that the lamp comes on and getting brighter over time, and you can hear fan runs. Then within a minute or two, it goes back to red "stand-by/temp", i.e., power off. And other times, it simply locked up without even red light. All these seemed normal, except "lamp" light blinked about 3 times when A/V came alive when it used to function normally.
I bought my HLR5067WAX/XAA in Dec. '05 from BestBuy with 4 yr extended service and have lamp replaced in 2009. But now it seems I have a more serious problem.
I have read several good threads re: DMD board suspect and correction, esp. by lcaillo and Jason 1976. I was very intrigued by http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/samsung/20791-hlr6167wax-xaa-digital-board-problems.html thread.

I am not a TV tech, but closer to Tito.
Is there other test steps I should take before trying this op?
P.S. I have also researched in CNET and posted.
Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please keep your problem in a separate thread. You are less likely to get effective help when you combine multiple problems in the same thread and it confuses people trying to learn about their own problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts