Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me ? I have repaired a few of these HLRXX67 dlp's in the past by replacing the digital boards. But this one has me a little puzzled ???? The tv works fine with basic cable going into the coax connection but when I do a channel scan it only picks up channels around 49 and up. No 2, 4, 5, 9, 11 and so on also No local HD channels ??? I have another HLR5067 in my basement and have taken it to the same coax connection and it gets these missing channels fine. Also the little fan that plugs into the Analog board spins on start up but quits right after and never runs ??? I'm not getting a check fan notification from the set either.
I'm doing the auto program exactly the same on both sets but missing a big chunk of channels on the HLR5667W set. I know the Analog and Digital boards are tied together. Could this be the digital board thats at fault for the fan not working and missing channels ???? Any ideas or direction is much appreciated !!!
:innocent:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Likely the digital board.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check the schematic in the service manual to be sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't have one. Not sure if i could follow it anyway. I have no electronics training. Is it pretty easy to understand ?

·
Registered
730 Posts
don't have one. Not sure if i could follow it anyway. I have no electronics training. Is it pretty easy to understand ?
Since the tuner is built into the digital board i am thinking digital board. Some of the tuners can be replaced by themselfs. You can try that if you have any old digital boards laying around from the other sets you repaired. It may or may not fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jason for the reply. All i have is a another digital board from a similar samsung tv with the tuner built into the board. I threw that in there, did a scan and "whammo" !! Got the missing channels !!! However some channels had no sound I figured that is because its really not the correct board. The original digital board for this TV has a modular add on tuner board so i bought that from discount merchant. I'm hoping that resolves the problem ???? The tv works perfectly other than finding a chunk of channels. That is why i'm hoping the digital card it'self is ok ? I guess we will see.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks Jason for the reply. All i have is a another digital board from a similar samsung tv with the tuner built into the board. I threw that in there, did a scan and "whammo" !! Got the missing channels !!! However some channels had no sound I figured that is because its really not the correct board. The original digital board for this TV has a modular add on tuner board so i bought that from discount merchant. I'm hoping that resolves the problem ???? The tv works perfectly other than finding a chunk of channels. That is why i'm hoping the digital card it'self is ok ? I guess we will see.
I hope you checked the part number on your tuner. They have 3 part numbers listed.

Just an fyi samsungparts.com says the same digital board will work in a hlr4667w, hlr5067w, hlr5667w, hlr6167w

So if you search by the part number on your tuner you may find it for less money from another model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I checked the part number and ordered the exact tuner board. Strange though, because the board i put in to troubleshoot came out of a HLR4667W. It worked somewhat but no sound on some channels.

Thanks for your help and advice. I will post when i get the part and swap them out. Thanks to you and people like you this site is awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I am thoroughly happy to report that the tuner board came today from Discount merchant. Installed it, did a channel scan and I have all my available channels again !!!! woo hoo !!!! Thanks all for the comments and suggestions !

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well I am thoroughly happy to report that the tuner board came today from Discount merchant. Installed it, did a channel scan and I have all my available channels again !!!! woo hoo !!!! Thanks all for the comments and suggestions !
Your welcome. At least the tuner is replaceable. That cost a lot less then the digital board.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts