Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, good news is i got a full refund from discount merchant for the bad board. Also good news we switched cable/internet companies and now i am using the HDMI input for my cable tv. I added a HDMI switch so i have everything hooked up that way. So right now i have no need for the component inputs/ coaxil other than the wii which i can just hook up to a different tv.

The question is now, will this effect the tv in the long run if i have a bad board?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Most people in the long run sooner or latter will start get to the green plaid with hdmi port and or issues that it won't power on, but it doesn't seem to damage anything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, good news is i got a full refund from discount merchant for the bad board. Also good news we switched cable/internet companies and now i am using the HDMI input for my cable tv. I added a HDMI switch so i have everything hooked up that way. So right now i have no need for the component inputs/ coaxil other than the wii which i can just hook up to a different tv.

The question is now, will this effect the tv in the long run if i have a bad board?
I went through two boards with DM and neither worked. I was able to get a full refund but it took a month and several phone calls to get it done. I had almost the exact same experience as you. The first board did not work with the coaxial input but the HDMI was fine. The second board the color was completely screwed up. Now I'm pinning my hopes on the discussion going on over at CNET with the NJ AG office where a couple of folks have manged to get Samsung to repair their TVs.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=371459&start=60&tag=forum-w;forums06

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well i gave up on the dlp and follow the link above. After about a month i got my new pn58c590 in a swap for the dlp.

thanks for the link coolbrz!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts