Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting up the TV, there is a vertical white line on the right of the screen. Sometimes there is a horizontal white line on the top part of the middle of the screen. I am not able to pull up any menus when the TV is on.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Can you post images? That symptom is not registering in my recall. Have you tried entering the service menu and activating the test patterns for the DMD? If the service menu works but the consumer menu does not it is probably the Digital board. If neither works could be the DMD, DMD board, or the digital board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture should be attached. Do you think the color wheel could cause this to happen? The reason I ask is after I took the picture (which has been a few days) I took the light engine out and inspected the color wheel. One of the connectors looks like it was burnt and two of the wires broke off while I was looking at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't been able to get the lamp to light in a few days so I'm not able to check the menus. I did try to get the service menu to display while the lamp was lighting, but I always got the same screen as the picture I posted.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The closest thing I have seen to that is a bad dmd board. Check the pulses from the dmd to the ballast to see if they are there. The lamp will not start without signal from the dmd board that indicates the color wheel has come up to speed. But it has been over 4 years since I serviced any of these...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts